Happy Holidays

 Happy Whatever You and Yours Celebrate!


We've made it to mid December, yeah for us. I've rewritten a famous Christmas song for you. 


On the first day of Christmas my true love gave to me, a doughnut from the bakery. 🍩

On the second day of Christmas my true love gave to me, two turtle candies and a doughnut from the bakery. 

On the third day of Christmas my true love gave to me, three French pastries, two turtle candies and a doughnut from the bakery.

On the fourth day of Christmas my true love gave to me, four petit fours, three French pastries, two turtle candies and a doughnut from the bakery. 

On the fifth day of Christmas my true love gave to me, five cherry pies, four petit fours, three French pastries, two turtle candies and a doughnut from the bakery.

On the sixth day of Christmas my true love gave to me, six bags of Cheetos, five cherry pies, four petit fours, three French pastries, two turtle candies and a doughnut from the bakery.

On the seventh day of Christmas my true love gave to me, seven sausages simmering, six bags of Cheetos, five cherry pies, four petit fours, three French pastries, two turtle candies and a doughnut from the bakery.

On the eighth day of Christmas my true love gave to me, eight foot long hot dogs, seven sausages simmering, six bags of Cheetos, five cherry pies, four petit fours, three French pastries, two turtle candies and a doughnut from the bakery.

On the ninth day of Christmas my true love gave to me, nine pounds of bacon, eight foot long hot dogs, seven sausages simmering, six bags of Cheetos, five cherry pies, four petit fours, three French pastries, two turtle candies and a doughnut from the bakery.

On the tenth day of Christmas my true love gave to me, ten buckets of chicken, nine pounds of bacon, eight foot long hot dogs, seven sausages simmering, six bags of Cheetos, five cherry pies, four petit fours, three French pastries, two turtle candies and a doughnut from the bakery.

On the eleventh day of Christmas my true love gave to me, eleven bags of chocolate, ten buckets of chicken, nine pounds of bacon, eight foot long hot dogs, seven sausages simmering, six bags of Cheetos, five cherry pies, four petit fours, three French pastries, two turtle candies and a doughnut from the bakery.

On the twelfth day of Christmas my true love gave to me, twelve deep fried snickers, eleven bags of chocolate, ten buckets of chicken, nine pounds of bacon, eight foot long hot dogs, seven sausages simmering, six bags of Cheetos, five cherry pies, four petit fours, three French pastries, two turtle candies and a doughnut from the bakery. 🍩


Now you might think that I'm a lucky girl to have a true love so thoughtful but the last line of the verse tells the true story.


On the day after Christmas my true love gave to me, 

A Dear Jane letter stating, "You're too fat for me."

I promptly went to the post office and posted a reply,

"Thank you for the gifts sucker, now's the time for goodbye."

"You see I found a second love and he's perfect as can be,

He loves my rolls, my muffin top and everything thing he sees,

He's buying a brand new Cadillac and giving me the keys.


I hope you all have a beautiful holiday, remember what's important and may we all spend the holidays with our loved ones next year.



Comments

  1. Thanks Kathy .. another winner !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone brings a smile to my face. Thanks for your good humor and creativity. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know what my husband gave to me , since he's out shopping now. I do know that I am very lucky to have this guy. In the last few weeks I've had diverticulitis and while caring for me, he unfortunately had an attack of congestive heart failure that sent him to the hospital for 3 days.
    We are both well now, and are very thankful we have each other and how precious life is. May we continue to have good health now and cherrish the time we do have and thankful for the medical folks who keep us going. Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So where did you meet this guy? Haha. Have a great holiday and may the coming year bring us less covid and more social activities. I miss seeing all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another good one. I look forward to the next one. Good holidays everyone and yea to vaccines and no more covid!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very clever and a perfect ending. I'd like to see Hallmark do a take on this one. Hope everyone finds a way to enjoy the holidays without family and friends - keep thinking next year.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Back to the Bad Ole Days

The Stepford Wives

My Community