Pros and Cons of our new reality

Written April 4, 2020

Pro:

1. Blanka and I can eat and drink (cheap boxed wine) for under $100.00 a week.
2. I can cook and eat as many bean dishes as I desire. If Blanka backs away from me I just put a few beans in her dog food so we're equal.
3. I have valid excuses for not exercising more. Don't tell me to walk outside, it's too hot (a valid excuse).
4. I am excising my brain by catching up on my television shows, spoiler alert: Henry the VIII was a real asshole.
5. No Jehovah Witnesses are ringing the doorbell.
6. No one can call me crazy when I talk to myself.

Con:

1. No Happy Hours with my friends. Here's hoping Beanie's survives.
2. Travel is completely off the table and I've learned that cruising is dangerous.
3. Toilet Paper shortage, I never really appreciated Charmin.
4. I have to do my own pedicures, and it's not easy reaching my toes. 
5. I feel like I'm dating Lester Holt on the 6:30 news.
6. No movie theater popcorn.

Seriously, I needed more options to binge watch on television. I was hesitant about paying 12.99 a month for Netflix until I thought about it:  Expenses to go to the movies, 15.00 for lunch first, 8.00 for admission and 10.00 for popcorn and a drink = 33.00 bucks. Usually done twice a month for $66.00. The Netflix options is far more practical.

The good news is that we'll all be rich when this is over. I have personal good news, my son is an essential employee for the state of Virginia. He had an upper respiratory infection and as it happened an infected person had visited his office. He got tested and was in self quarantine in his basement. It took a few days but the test came back negative. What a relief. I'm happy dancing all over my house.

Take care my friends, send updates, and dance like no one is watching because they aren't 😁
Kathy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Back to the Bad Ole Days

The Stepford Wives

My Community