I'm not crazy, you are.

Mork, Steve, and Gilligan  

Coming into week 75 of self isolation I'm feeling better than ever. I always knew that I could be a hermit. I could be that person who buys a cabin in the woods, lives off the land, hunts wild animals to survive, makes her own butter, grinds her own grain and sews her own beaver pelts. I'm just like Hank, Jr. - A Country boy/girl Can Survive. 

As restrictions are being lifted, I'm starting to get too much contact from the outside world, just the other day a spaceship landed on my roof. Mork walked right into my house and said "Nanu Nanu." I told him to get his spaceship off my roof immediately and he said that "Alien Lives Matter." I didn't want to appear racist so I told him he could stay a couple of days. Mork is even funnier in person than on television. It was nice to have someone point his finger to cook your food. He made the best omelets and biscuits with just two points. Since I had watched an episode featuring Orkan food I knew better than to try the fleck. He later moved on to Boulder to visit Mindy. 
Mork & Mindy Quotes (@MorkQuotes) | Twitter

Right after Mork left, Colonel Steve Austin knocked on my front door. I asked him to leave but he told me, "Bionic Lives Matter." I wasn't too angry I'd been waiting for him to show up at my door since 1975. If Mork made me laugh then Steve made me swoon. I especially liked the way he changed light bulbs, air filters and cleaned my deck with no shirt on. Steve and his bionic legs can outrun anyone. I accosted some runners in the neighborhood and made bets that my friend could beat them in a 1 mile run by 10 minutes. I made a lot of money that day, much more than directing bridge games. As most handsome men do, he went back to the tall beautiful bionic woman Jamie Sommers. Damn. 
Amazon.com: The Six Million Dollar Man Television Series (1974 ...

After all the rain we've been having, my backyard is mostly under water. Imagine my surprise when Gilligan swam up to my back door. He was looking for the Professor to tell him that he found civilization. I asked him to leave immediately and he told me "Castaway Lives Matter." Of course I let him in, what I liked most about Gilligan was that no matter the topic I was smarter. He thought that grouper actually had fingers. He though garlic killed vampires, we all know that you have to put a stake through their heart. I asked him if he was a Ginger or Marianne guy. He corrected me that they weren't guy's. When asked how many times the Skipper hit him with his hat he said, "Only when I deserved it." He told me that he was going to go back to the island and bring the rest of the castaways. I asked him how he'd find his way back and he asked for a piece of my clothing because his sense of smell was like a bloodhound. 
The Bucket Hat: Not Just for Gilligan Anymore - WSJ

I'm waiting for Elizabeth Montgomery to twitch her nose and show up in my living room. However, it might be Jennie that blinks her eyes and shows up with Major Healey. 

Who has visited you in these last 127 weeks of isolation?

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Back to the Bad Ole Days

The Stepford Wives

My Community